Thursday, April 16, 2009

Locke Slideshows

Slides for the Locke sessions are now available at the links below:

* Locke Intro (May 7)
* Locke's Critique of Innate Ideas (May 9)
* Locke's New Way of Ideas (May 14)
* Locke's Moral Philosophy (May 16)

You can also look at two slide shows I did not lecure on but which may be of interest - I am including these on the assumption that you will read through the relevant parts of Book II (on freedom) and Book III (on language) if you want to understand this stuff:

* Locke's Compatibilist Account of Freedom and Determinism (cf. Book II, ch. xxi of Essay)
* Locke's Philosophy of Language (cf. Book III of Essay)

I will not post the slides from the first few introductory sessions (unless people really really really want). Instead I am posting the Rorty essay which, as those who read it will see, is much more complex than my simple summary of his genres of "rational reconstruction", "historical reconstruction", etc. could do justice to.

* Rorty, "Historiography of Philosophy: Four Genres"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.